7-9th November | SCM Technology Centre, Thiene
An event dedicated to the new range of flexible edgebanding systems is scheduled this Novermber at SCM’s impressive Technology Centre in Thiene, Italy. The three-day On The Leading Edge will focus on the latest edgebanding solutions for batch one and Industry 4.0: Stefani rocket H, Stefani cell H, Stefani cell E.
State-of-the-art technologies for the furniture industry which combine the highest levels of productivity and quality with endless possibilities.
An increasingly more sophisticated productivity is now available thanks to the integration of the edgebanding machine in cells and plants fitted with rollers, panel return devices, automatic loading and unloading systems, assisted by robots and fitted with IoT sensors to control the machine functions in an instant.
At the same time, unique machining accuracy and quality on any kind of panel is reaily achievable, even the most delicate ones and more complex materials, thanks to a new Round 2 Servo rounding unit and RT-X grinding unit and the latest optimised devices for a perfect line of glue.
These are the main new entries for SCM edgebanding taking centre stage at the up and coming open house event entitled On the Leading Edge, due to be held from 7-9th November 2019 at the Technology Centre in Thiene – key point of reference for industry companies, to test the best edgebanding solutions directly on site, with the aid of trained technicians.
Stefani cell H: high productivity, maximum customisation and excellent quality
Stefani cell H is the new edgebanding cell and square-edging cell fitted with an automatic panel feeder system, designed to guarantee both production volumes at industrial level as well as a maximum diversification of the production batch.
Stefani cell H provides fully efficient machining of components for furniture items for every part of the home –(kitchens, living rooms, sleeping areas, bathrooms, wardrobes and studies – with considerable advantages.
- Instant production and financially advantageous both for batches with single panels as well as for average standard stacks, without the need to stop production for a change of format, thickness, ornamentation and gluing quality that occur on a regular basis during a machining shift
- No errors and a guarantee the panels will always be fed in the right direction, thanks to the Side Finder technology, which, via a display in the operator’s area, shows how to position the panel so that it can be correctly machined
- Instant availability, even on mobile devices, of the machining information relating to each single panel, wherever it is in the cycle, thanks to the continuous tracking provided by the supervision software
- Optimisation of the panel flows and movements which are managed and synchronised by the data sent to the company network: this allows you to choose the best machining quality, gluing quality and tool change flexibility within the limited space and with a single operator, thereby considerably optimising production costs
Stefani cell E: the batch one production experience at its simplest
Stefani cell E is the new synthesis in entry level edgebanding cells that combine the advantages of a customised production and large volumes with a compact overall design and, above all, with an accessible investment even for SMEs.
- Numerical control high technology in line with future market scenarios. Type, colour, edge thickness, position and mortise depth, handling of the protective film and panel dimensions: the highly versatile Stefani cell E allows you to continually feed in and change all these parameters as part of the production flow without it being interrupted
- Simple, integrated and versatile: the multiple configurations available (reloop with robot, or reloop with motorised belts) mean all specific needs in terms of production and machining are met. Feeder, robot or additional movements can be combined to offer maximum flexibility
- Whether it be in self-learning mode, with Bar Code/QR code or with supervisor, Stefani cell E is standard programmed for any level of logical and physical integration one wishes to set
- New automation to speed up business: the new pickback bridge system for the automatic return of the panels guarantees simple, just-in-time production management. This way, the operator can focus solely on feeding the panels back into the edgebander, as simply and ergonomically as possible
Stefani shape technology: the best in softforming for any type of profile
As part of SCM’s edgebanding, considerable focus is also being placed on market demands in matters of softforming and JShape, areas in which SCM has led the way for some time now as a genuine specialist in providing simple solutions for use but ones that produce top quality results.
The new J-Side kit, in particular, has been designed to solve the problem of complex profiles so that the straight edging lines up perfectly with the shaped edging without gaps or projections. There is no longer any need to carry out this machining manually or with an additional procedure thanks to the new SCM solution.
Everything is much simpler, faster and more efficient thanks to a new unit that can be fitted on a standard edgebander and completes all the essential stages for an all-round edgebanding, even this finishing.
An edgebander equipped like this means any kind of edgebanding problem can be resolved while work continues, without any interruption, precisely as though it were working on a normal straight edge. This is a significant step forward in being able to extend the creative potentials of softforming to a growing number of companies, a solution which is effective with any kind of edge and with different thicknesses that can be applied and worked without interruption.
Maestro Active Watch: total control of the process, from the office to the machine
The main role during the open days in Thiene will be played by the new supervision and control system Maestro active watch, thanks to its perfect match with the flexible edgebanding lines. Maestro active watch presents a wide range of functions:
- Real-time control of the process: it sets and detects the status of the different machines, monitors their production and records their history
- Display of the plant layout: SCM software is optimised according to the plant to be supervised, thus allowing the synoptic view of the plant, a visual check in real time of the process in all its production phases, with monitoring of the progress of the pieces along the line
- Zero errors in the insertion of the panels in the cell: it always guarantees the panel insertion introduction with the correct side thanks to the Side Finder technology that shows the operator which edge to insert in the cell next
- Simulation of machining times for productivity checks of the cell for checks on production times
- Maximum efficiency: it guarantees immediate availability of the machining information relating to each panel, regardless of where the panel is in the cycle thanks to the continuous tracking provided by the supervisor system. Maestro active watch also performs a check of machining feasibility for each component
- Report generator to improve production performance: it allows you to generate production reports by operator, working shift, program etc and send them to the company management software
- Maximum productivity for each program launched thanks to the possibility of managing the line by area
For further information, refer to the SCM website on the news/events page.