With more than 90,000 professional visitors from across the globe, Ligna is the world’s most important trade fair for the timber industry, furniture production and the woodworking trades, and the Weinig Group will be showing its latest and greatest machines over nearly 4000 sq m of exhibition space.
This year, the core themes for the Weinig Group at Ligna are resource efficiency, flexibility and networked production. At the centre of a range of innovations will be the introduction of new generations of technology from solid wood expert Weinig in hall 12.
Sister brand Holz-Her, specialist in panel processing, will be demonstrating its expertise in hall 11 with innovations in edge banding, CNC processing centres and panel cutting.
In addition to major premieres, the focus will also be on pioneering developments in profiling as well as in window manufacturing, cutting/gluing and joint technology.
As the complete provider of machines and systems for solid wood processing, Weinig will continue to demonstrate its expertise and Weinig Concept, the company’s engineering arm, will be featuring system technology through to complex production lines.
Premiere for the new Powermat series
For the first time, Weinig will reveal the new generation Powermat 700 to the global audience in Hanover.
The outstanding feature of the moulder is the innovative Comfort Set operating concept which significantly reduces set-up times. High operating safety and very good accessibility continue to be benefits of the four-sider, and optimisation of the extraction system assists with its excellent energy efficiency.
The Smart-Touch function makes the new Powermat 700 a trendsetter in man-machine interaction in wood processing with wireless communication now possible between controls, or tablet and the machine.
Weinig news at Ligna 2015
• Networked production with System Plus
• Rondamat 985 tool grinder
• New processing units and tool clamping systems for the Conturex CNC window centre
• Nocturnal tool cleaning station
• New generation of the UniPin gluing and dowel inserting machine
• Block gluing production concept
• Standard Weinig user interface
• ProfiPress L II gluing press
• Cutting solutions: intensive upgrade for the Dimter Line
• ProfiRip 340 multi-blade rip saw
• RipAssist Pro width optimisation
• Optimal value creation: ProfiRip 450 Speed with CombiScan
• GlueEye glue detection system
• Trimsaver for finger joint package lines
• New generation of long-timber finger-jointing lines
• Double-end tenoner: the next stage of evolution for the ProfiShape
• Finger-jointing system range: presentation in Alfeld/Leine
Finally, in parallel with Ligna, Weinig will be exhibiting additional finger-jointing systems at the Grecon factory in nearby Alfeld. The short-timber finger-jointing lines ProfiJoint Comfort, Ultra TT 1000, CombiPact Capacity, Turbo-S and HS 120 will be on display. These will also be joined by the PowerJoint 8 long-timber finger-jointing system and a double-end tenoner: ProfiShape.
For full details of Weinig’s product launches, innovations and demonstrations visit the company’s website.