An individual and personalised approach to customers and business partners around the world has always been key to the success of the Homag Group.
The global corporation is now also applying this winning formula online. The new website provides the platform needed to achieve this: It is modern, user-friendly and well designed. It goes without saying that the new company website is also responsive and therefore available for use on any mobile device.
A focus on the user
The site that went online in 1998 as one of the first websites in the industry has developed with the market — and it is now being re-launched with an updated, globally oriented design. During the development of the new Homag Group website, there was just one main focus: the user.
One for all!
As a single URL for all products, www.Homag.com provides an ideal basis for dialog with customers, employees, job seekers, business partners, suppliers and journalists.
The website provides every visitor with easy access to clear information on new product developments, future market trends and current trade fairs, as well as the opportunity to learn all about the practical experiences of our customers.
The benefits at a glance
• Clear product information: All Homag Group products are shown in a clearly laid out catalog, which is easy for users to navigate — whether they are looking for a specific technology or simply want to browse the product range. Clear descriptions, informative videos and brochures are provided. News and the latest technology highlights are also showcased.
• ProductFinder – find the right product in just a few steps: By selecting specific criteria in just a few clicks, users can find the ideal solution to meet their needs.
• Tailored solutions: The focus is on the extensive experience of customers who work with our machines. In reports and videos, companies from all industries let us in on the inside story. Even users looking for a complete solution for an end product (furniture, construction components, flooring, prefabricated house) will quickly find what they need. A full range of solutions is available — from small workshops to complex batch size 1 systems.
• Career ladder for applicants: Future employees can quickly and easily navigate through the new career area to find the perfect job, receive helpful application tips or find out more about the area around a potential new job location.
• Share and like: It is now easy to share website content with friends, colleagues or business partners. Customers with a starring role in a reference report are also a big hit on social networks.
For Alexander Prokisch, marketing director, the new online presence is a long awaited step forward: “Around 90% of prospective customers now look for information online before purchasing a machine. But it is not just when an investment is imminent that the Internet plays an important role – the online world is becoming ever more important in the wood processing industry. For example, our customers implement projects with a focus on Industry 4.0 and use fully networked production processes.
“They communicate with smartphones or tablets in their day-to-day business – whether in the furniture industry, manufacturers of prefabricated houses or interior fittings, or a two-man joinery business. Information on design, trade fairs, business partners or technology is all found online. For us, our new website is an additional sales organisation with a global showroom. It allows us to offer countless customer touchpoints 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. What I like most is the fresh new design and the mobile capability — now all of our salespeople can use their smartphone to present information to customers at any time while they are on the road or at trade fairs. Try it yourself and send us your feedback!”