The winners of the British Woodworking Federation (BWF) Awards 2018 were revealed at a glittering awards evening held at Stationer’s Hall in central London recently.
Now in their tenth year, the BWF Awards celebrate the best of the best in UK woodworking, recognising technical innovation, design, process efficiencies, health & safety and the rising stars of the industry.
The five categories and winners were:
• Woodworking Project of the Year – sponsored by Whitehill Spindle Tools Limited – TMJ Interiors, for its work creating a timber lobby vortex for Bloomberg’s HQ in London.
• Product Design in Wood – sponsored by Teknos – Arden Windows, for their Heritage Stoneleigh Sash window.
• Process Efficiency – sponsored by W20 – Morland, for its Forever Firecheck intumescent strip solution for fire doors.
• Health & Safety Hero – sponsored by Didac – Tavener Joinery, for its design and installation of a high velocity vacuum system.
• Apprentice/Trainee of the Year– sponsored by CITB – Henry Acres, from JT Ward.
Helen Hewitt, chief executive of the BWF, says: “My warm congratulations to our winners, all of whom have excelled in their work. The number and quality of entries we received this year was exceptional. The awards are a chance to showcase the talent and professionalism of our industry, and bring people together to celebrate their achievements. This year’s awards were a great success once again and underline the huge contribution the woodworking and joinery sector makes to UK industry and manufacturing.”