The Furniture Makers’ Company, the City of London livery company and charity for the furnishing industry, is inviting UK furnishing manufacturers that are interested in learning about the marketing and operational benefits of the Manufacturing Guild Mark to attend a free webinar next month.
The Manufacturing Guild Mark, sponsored by Biesse and Lectra, has been the mark of excellence, distinguishing Britain’s top furnishing manufacturers, since 1993. It is only awarded to companies that demonstrate high standards across all aspects of the business, including manufacturing, design, product quality, marketing, finance, commitment to training, employment conditions and sustainability.
Queensgate Terrace by Middleton Bespoke Joinery
Currently, 20 companies hold the Manufacturing Guild Mark, and the one-hour webinar, which is taking place on Thursday, 19th November 2020 at 2pm, will inform companies of the importance of the mark, the benefits of holding it and the audit process.
The event will include a short presentation from Howard James, operations manager of FIRA International, which conducts the independent audit. Attendees will also get to hear from Murray Hudson, managing director of existing holder Gratnells, and find out first-hand the positive promotional impact the mark has had on the business.
Ben Burbidge, Manufacturing Guild Mark chairman, said: “With the current state of affairs, it’s never been a better or more important time for well-run British furnishing manufacturers to assert themselves. The Manufacturing Guild Mark can be a key weapon in this armoury.”
Wren Kitchen Infinity Plus Shaker Forest in Alchemy
Steve Bulmer, CEO at Biesse Group UK, said: “Holding a Manufacturing Guild Mark provides a great platform for any company involved in the UK furniture industry to showcase their business. We have seen some industry influencers gain the Manufacturing Guild Mark in the past 12 months following participation at our joint event last year. They understood the value of gaining the Manufacturing Guild Mark, so we invite you to join us at the virtual event to better understand what is involved in gaining the Guild Mark and what it could mean for your business.”
Companies interested in attending the event can register via Zoom: https://bit.ly/374DvE9
For more information about the open day, contact Meera Samani, guild marks manager, by email email@example.com or call 020 7562 8520.
Benefits of the Manufacturing Guild Mark
A manufacturer awarded the Manufacturing Guild Mark will receive:
- Recognition for excellence
- Verbal feedback that includes recommendations for continuous improvement
- A detailed report, following assessment, that gives guidance on any weaknesses in the company’s supply chain and how to improve
- The licence to use the Manufacturing Guild Mark logo on product labelling and marketing materials A signed certificate, which is renewed annually by subscription
- Inclusion in the Furniture Makers’ PR and marketing
- The opportunity to recognise and celebrate the hard work and achievements of staff
- A page on the Company’s website, including images and links to your own website
- Preferential hire rates for Furniture Makers’ Hall in the City of London
For more information about the Manufacturing Guild Mark and to see a complete list of holders, go to: www.furnituremakers.org.uk/excellence